As we all rush around to shop for the ingredients for the Thanksgiving dinner, sometimes I forget the true meaning of Thanksiving.
The dictionary gives the definition of thanksgiving as:
- the act of giving thanks; grateful acknowledgment of benefits or favors, especially to God.
- an expression of thanks, especially to God.
- a public celebration in acknowledgment of divine favor or kindness.
- a day set apart for giving thanks to God.
This year, I am grateful for:
- my supportive, hardworking husband
- being open to messages from G-d through other people
- re-kindling my friendship with my cousins in New Jersey and Virginia Beach and friends from grammar school
- being able to provide high-quality kippah and jewelry designs and clients who appreciate them
- the chance to be with our cat Buddy in his last days before he went to kitty heaven
Here’s a beautiful quote by gratitude habitat:
But most of all