Vacation and Packing
I can’t believe it’s really happening! I’m going on summer vacation and leaving town. It’s a blessing that I’ll be staying with a visiting cousins and aunts and uncles.
Photo by Odyssey
Vacation is like a big shabbat – getting away from everyday life and chores for just a little while. It’s a time to refresh and recharge, something much needed by everyone.
When life changes drastically, it’s beneficial to go to family, let them pamper you. Your vacation job is to have fun, get inspired and welcome new, positive changes into your life.
Packing for vacation
Packing for me is a challenge. I always take too much, even to stay overnight at a friend’s house. I used to pack a few days before, but then I’d have to take things out – unpack and pack again. So, I’m setting things out I want to take and will review them.
Since I’m staying with family, I’ll have access to a washing machine, but I’ll still probably take too much.
- Dramamine for flight
- Flight paperwork
- Medication & tylenol
- Toothbrush & toothpaste and travel cup (my hands are too small to hold enough water to brush my teeth)
- Special lotions and cleansers for sensitive skin
- Capri blue jeans
- A long-sleeve top or light jacket for cooler evenings (maybe)
- Sandals & gym shoes
- Jewelry: necklaces and earrings mostly to match tops
- Business cards (you never know)
- Flip flops (slippers)
- Cell Phone and charger
- Books (light summer reads: 1 for the plane; 1 to read before bedtime)
- A notebook for journaling, inspirational thoughts and sketching jewelry ideas
- Coloring book and pencils
So, go and have fun even if you’re staying at home. Sleep in and binge on Netflix. Make it work for you!